AsianFashionCity.com Official Contact Lens Care Guide
1) When you first receive your contact lens in the bottle, gently remove it from the bottle and place it in the contact lens case (which has been provided free for you) and soak it with new and fresh multipurpose contact lens solution (which are sold in your local optometrist shops). You can use any reputable brand multipurpose contact lens solution such as those by CIBA Vision, Bausch + Lomb and Alcon.
2) After soaking your contact lenses for at least a few hours (preferrably 6 hours or more), you can gently remove it and put it on your eyes (remember to put it on gently to avoid your fingernails scratching/causing a tear on your contact lens which is very thin). If you feel slight discomfort, it may be caused by dust. As such, you can remove the contact lenses and very gently clean it by putting the lens in the palm of your left hand and dripping many drops of solution with your right hand to wash away the dust. Once the upper side of the lens has been cleaned, remember to flip it so that the bottom side can be cleaned as well. Once it is dust-free, you can wear it.
3) You can wear the lenses everyday if you do not have sensitive eyes, but do not wear more than 12 hours a day. It is best to only wear up to 9 hours each day otherwise you eyes might feel dry. At the end of each day, you must remove it and clean it with multipurpose contact lens solution.
4) To clean it, hold your contact lens with your fingers on one hand and with your other hand, squeeze the multipurpose contact lens solution on it. Very gently rub it (to remove the dirt) while you are squeezing the solution on it.
5) After cleaning it for a minute or so, soak it with new multipurpose contact lens solution overnight in your contact lens case that needs to be closed tight.
- Always remember never to use water to wash your contact lens as water contains bacteria. You can only use contact lens solution to clean and soak your contact lens
- Always use new solution, do not use old solution from previous day to soak your contact lens in the contact lens case
- Wash your hands before touching your contact lens
- Be gentle with your contact lens as it is very thin and easy to tear especially if your fingernails get in contact with it
- If contact lens feel dry on your eyes, try wearing it for a few hours a day first. When you are more comfortable with it, then you can wear it longer and longer. You can also use tear drops to moisten your eyes once in a while. If your eyes still feel dry, try to wear for shorter periods
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.